Terms and Conditions
Your purchase is sold by Playbox Theatre Company trading as Malthouse Theatre - ABN 58 006 885 463 - through The Coopers Malthouse Box Office on behalf of the Presenter(s). The following terms and conditions apply to this sale:
- Ticket prices may fluctuate due to demand and Malthouse Theatre reserves the right to alter prices without notice. Any changes are made in accordance with Live Performance Australia’s Ticketing Code of Practice. To view the latest prices for the production you are interested in, visit the relevant event page, select the date you wish to attend and the seats you wish to purchase, and the current pricing will appear.
- Tickets purchased online or by phone will be given a confirmation number to confirm the purchase. If you do not receive a confirmation number or are otherwise concerned that your purchase was not successful, you must contact Box Office for confirmation of purchase. Malthouse Theatre takes no responsibility for incomplete purchases that have not received a confirmation number, and the customer has made no attempt to confirm the order.
- Tickets sold on behalf of Presenters other than Malthouse Theatre are subject to the terms and conditions applicable to the relevant production.
- The Presenter reserves the right to add, withdraw or substitute artists; vary advertised programs, seating arrangements and audience capacity; and refuse admission with reasonable cause.
- The right of admission is reserved by Malthouse Theatre management.
- This ticket is only valid when purchased through an authorised agent. Ticket holders enter the venue at their own risk.
- Ticket prices within this site include GST where applicable.
- Where concessions are applicable, suitable and valid identification must be provided on collection of tickets.
- Tickets must not be on-sold at a premium, packaged with other goods or services, offered as a prize or otherwise used for advertising, promotional or commercial purposes, without the prior written permission Malthouse Theatre. Tickets may be cancelled or orders may be refused, which Malthouse Theatre deems are in breach of this condition and the bearer of the ticket may be refused admission to the ticketed event at Malthouse Theatre’s discretion.
II. CAMERAS AND RECORDING DEVICES
- Cameras and other recording devices may not be permitted, unless where explicitly allowed. We reserve the right to request the deletion of any unauthorised photos.
III. Refunds and Exchanges
- All tickets are non-refundable. Exceptions may occur in particular circumstances as outlined in the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice.
- Exchanges from one performance date/time to another are allowed for Malthouse Theatre Productions. Exchanges from one production to another are not permitted.
- Tickets sold on behalf of other production companies are subject to the conditions applicable to that performance and/or venue.
- When allowed, exchanges are charged at $5.00 per transaction.
- Malthouse Theatre subscribers are entitled to one free exchange per subscriber, with a $5.00 charge for each one after that. Full Season Pass subscribers receive unlimited free exchanges.
- Tickets for exchange must be returned to the Box Office at least 24 hours prior to the performance you are exchanging out of.
- Exchanges may not be processed at the Box Office at peak times (e.g. in the half hour prior to a performance commencing).
IV. Flexible Date Season Passes
1. Flexible (Flexi) Date Performances booked on a Season Pass are non-refundable. Exceptions may occur in particular circumstances as outlined in the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice
2. Flexi Date Performances are only valid for Malthouse Theatre productions listed on the supplied booking form. Flexible Date Performances must be booked through a standard or Full Season Pass.
3. Malthouse Theatre will endeavour to undertake every opportunity to remind Season Pass holders with a Flexible Date Performance to book into their preferred performance date and seat for the associated production:
- A reminder notification will be sent via email to the primary Season Pass holder with the Flexi Date Performance at a date determined appropriate by Malthouse Theatre. This date will be determined by the number of available seats for the selected production. Season Pass holders with a Flexi Date Performance are given preferential bookings for five business days following the receipt of the reminder email. At the closure of these 5 business days, Malthouse Theatre cannot ensure preferred times and/or seat bookings will be accommodated.
- If Season Pass holders with a Flexi Date Performance have not booked into the flexible date production within 5 business days of the commencement of first previews, a Malthouse Theatre Box Office staff member will endeavour to contact the Season Pass holder via telephone. If, following this attempt at contacting the holder and the Season of the production in question has commenced, Malthouse Theatre cannot guarantee that preferred seating will be accommodated.
- If the Season Pass holder has not booked their preferred performance date and seat by the commencement of the final performance week of the production in question, Malthouse Theatre reserves the right to consider the booking withdrawn and the Season Pass holder will forfeit that production of their Season Pass
4. Exchanges from one production to another are not permitted for Flexi Date bookings, except for within extenuating circumstances in which the holder of the Season Pass in question did not receive the reminder email booking and a phone call from Malthouse Theatre’s Box Office. Note that it is the responsibility of the holder of the Season Pass to ensure that their contact details are current to enable Malthouse Theatre to reach the Season Pass holder. Note that if these exchanges have not been requested within 10 business days of the close of the original production season Malthouse Theatre reserves the right to consider the original booking completed.
V. FRAUDULENT CHARGES AND REVERSALS
- Any credit card chargebacks or other transaction reversals initiated against Malthouse Theatre will result in immediate ticket cancellation. A reasonable attempt will be made to reinstate the transaction and may involve holding seats for up to 24 hours. Any bank fees and charges incurred by Malthouse Theatre as a result of the chargeback, will be passed on to the customer.
VI. PERFORMANCE INFORMATION, CANCELLATIONS AND CHANGES
In the event of a Performance cancellation, a refund will be provided to the original ticket purchaser. If you have purchased a ticket from an unauthorised seller, Malthouse Theatre cannot guarantee a refund, and customers may be at risk of no refund from that unauthorised seller.
Details of an event may be changed without prior notice. Artists or performers may be added, withdrawn or substituted for specific performances. Wherever possible, Malthouse Theatre will advise customers of any event changes prior to the commencement of the performance, or at the event where prior notice is not possible.
- Seating within the theatres of The Coopers Malthouse may be closed, altered or adjusted with or without prior notice. If a ticketed seat is no longer available, customers will be relocated to another seat at no additional cost to the customer. In circumstances when the house seat configuration has been significantly altered Malthouse Theatre will attempt to disclose this configuration in event information.
- Malthouse Theatre will endeavour to disclose warnings regarding adult themes, haze, strobe and nudity to audience members prior to the production.
- On occasion, some productions will require adjustments to the set, staging, lighting or design to occur during the Season. This may impact visibility in some seating locations. Where possible, Malthouse Theatre will attempt to advise audience members of any restricted viewing information prior to purchase.
Late arrivals may result in non-admittance or non-admittance until a suitable break in the performance. Latecomers may be seated in seats other than those purchased.
- In any of the circumstances set out above, Tickets will not be exchanged or refunded unless required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law).
- To maintain fair access to tickets, Malthouse Theatre may place limits on the number of tickets available for purchase. Malthouse Theatre reserves the right to cancel and withhold a refund for any purchase exceeding those limits.
VII. GIFT VOUCHERS
- Gift Vouchers are not refundable.
- Gift Vouchers can only be redeemed for Malthouse Theatre productions.
- Gift Vouchers cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Gift Vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and cannot be redeemed after this time.
- If your order exceeds the amount of your Gift Vouchers, you must pay the balance with cash, cheque, debit or credit card.
- Malthouse Theatre does not accept any liability for lost or stolen Gift Vouchers.
- Malthouse Theatre may provide gift certificate purchasers with information about the redemption status of Gift Vouchers.
VII. SEASON PASS GIFT PASSES
- Gift Passes are valid for the Season in which they are purchased.
- Gift Passes are only valid for Malthouse Theatre productions listed on our website. Recipients must choose a minimum of four eligible productions to redeem their Gift Pass.
- Gift Passes are non-refundable. Gift Passes are not redeemable for cash or gift vouchers.
- Malthouse Theatre does not accept any liability for lost or stolen Gift Passes.
- Malthouse Theatre may provide Gift Pass purchasers with information about the redemption status of the Gift Pass.
IX. SEASON 2019 PRODUCTIONS
- On Stage seating for Barbara and the Camp Dogs will be accessed by General Admission. Seating in the stalls, circle and balcony will be reserved seating.
- On Stage seating will include a mixture of couches, bar stools, and chairs at tables. All tickets are general admission and there are no guarantees on which type of seat the customer will receive. Audience members will be seated on a first-come, first-served basis. Audience members seated on the bar stools will be closest to the band. All stools are cushioned and have a back.
- Audience members will be seated on stage for the entire duration of the performance, approximately 90 minutes (no interval).
- Audience members seated On Stage will experience loud music, bright lights and theatrical effects.
- Audience members seated On Stage may have limited space surrounding their seat for belongings. Please be mindful of this when preparing for your visit.
Barbara and the Camp Dogs
- Customers may exchange from the Cloudstreet Experience to Cloudstreet Parts 1 and 2, or vice versa, no fewer than 24 hours prior to the commencement of purchased performance.
- Customers who have pre-purchased a meal package as a part of the Cloudstreet Experience will be refunded the difference provided the above terms and conditions are met.
- Malthouse Theatre will work with our caterer to endeavour to accommodate dietary requests made in conjunction with the Cloudstreet Experience, but will not be held liable for any dietary, allergy or personal concerns regarding the meals provided as a part of the Cloudstreet Experience. Please speak directly with our caterer if you have other concerns.
- Changes to the posted intervals, acts, durations and performance times may occur. Malthouse Theatre will endeavour to notify customers and audience members of such changes as listed to the terms and conditions above.
- If you have made an error in making your donation to Malthouse Theatre, we will happily honour your request for a refund made within 10 working days of your donation. After this time, all donations made to Malthouse Theatre are non-refundable.
- To request a refund, please call Malthouse Theatre on (03) 9685 5111. Refunds are returned using the original method of payment. If you made your donation by credit card, your refund will be credited to that same credit card.